[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Bypass Form Validation For Certain Operations?

khamburg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 14:32:07 EDT 2007

This seems like a pretty simple question, but I have searched and can't find the answer. I have a bunch of xhtml forms corresponding to tasks in my workflow. Some of them specify input fields that are required and must be validated. I set required=true on the input component and included a custom validator:

  |       <h:inputText value="#{var['My Date']}" required="true">
  |         <f:validator validatorId="my.DateValidator"/>
  |       </h:inputText>

Below, I have my transitions defined. One transition requires the input data to be validated, and the others do not. I want to bypass validation for the transitions that do not require it. I have tried using the immediate attribute as follows, but it has no affect:

  |       <tf:saveButton value="Save"/>
  |       <tf:transitionButton transition="Accept Data" value="Accept Data"/>
  |       <tf:transitionButton transition="Ignore Data" value="Ignore Data" immediate="true"/>

Any ideas how I can bypass validation using this technique or another one?

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069316#4069316

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069316