[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - show me the right way to access row of datatable with Seam F

tim_ph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 16:19:49 EDT 2007

I've been trying and trying but cannot do a simple thing like this:

  |  <h:dataTable var="personnel" value="#{applicationHome.personnels}">
  |   <h:column>
  |       <f:facet name="header">action</f:facet>
  |        <s:link value="Select" action="#{applicationHome.selectPersonnel}"/>
  |   </h:column>
  | </h:dataTable>

where applicationHome is generated by Seam-gen and modified a bit

  | @Name("applicationHome")
  | public class ApplicationHome extends EntityHome<Application>
  | {
  | 	@DataModel
  | 	private List<Personnel> personnels;
  | 	public List<Personnel> getPersonnels()
  | 	{
  | 		if (personnels == null)
  | 			personnels = getInstance() == null ? null : new ArrayList<Personnel>(getInstance().getPersonnels());
  | 		return personnels;
  | 	}
  | 	@DataModelSelection
  | 	@Out(required = false)
  | 	private Personnel personnel;
  |         @Logger Log log;
  |        public void selectPersonnel()
  |       {
  |          if (personnel == null) log.info("always null here");
  |       }
  | }

I appreciate any help on using new Seam Framework (we want to use seam-gen for business reason).
Thanks

- can't use factory with more likely name conflict.
- have tried selectPersonnel(Personnel p) with #{applicationHome.selectPersonnel(personnel)}- same null result.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069359#4069359

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069359