[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Message bundle in an EAR is not working

reind do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 18:46:52 EDT 2007

I have an ear packaged as:

ear/
  |     a.war
  |         /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
  |     a.jar
  |         /com/example/a/Messages.properties
  |     b.war
  |         /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
  |     b.jar
  |         /com/example/b/Messages.properties

faces-config.xml in a.war has:
<message-bundle>com.example.a.Messages</message-bundle>

and faces-config.xml in b.war has:
<message-bundle>com.example.b.Messages</message-bundle>

Neither messages file get's loaded though.

If I change a/faces-config.xml to
<message-bundle>Messages</message-bundle>
and move Messages.properties to:
    a.jar
        /Messages.properties

Then it works for the "a" module, but if I do the same for the "b" module too, it still works for "a" but not for "b".

Any ideas? I'd like to have a different message bundle for each web module and I thought the above was a good approach - what is the best practice in this case?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069427#4069427

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069427