[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-ui example: s:selectItems example is broken

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 19:40:42 EDT 2007

On a fresh Seam from CVS and pristine JBossAS 4.2.1:
- Deploy the seam-ui example
- Select the s:selectItems topic
- Select the "Edit the continent/country relationship"
- Add some countries to Antarctica
- Click on Apply
- Select the s:fragment topic
- Select the s:selectItems topic again (you'll get a new conversation)
=> Bug: Your previous edits are lost

Gosh - this cost me the best part of the night.
I copied the "h:selectManyListbox" part from continents.xhtml but my changes to the DB were always lost.
I did not notice that the changes weren't persisted in the example either, because I always stayed in the same conversation (and of course I expected the example to be correct).

What is the best way to solve this, specifically:
How to update country.continent when the selectManyListbox is used?

Here's what worked for me in my own code, but maybe there's a better way?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069440#4069440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069440