[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: non-ssl user authentication?

cupdike do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 2 09:25:20 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply Ron.

Just to be clear (before I submit any JIRA issues)...

I've used JNDI lookups to access EJB session beans in the past where the context is used to authenticate the client to the server, and the user principal is then accessible in the EJB context.  I'd like to do the same thing with Remoting (be able to access the authenticated user principal).

If that's clear and not currently possible, I'll file a JIRA issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SSL authentication requires client side certs which is something I'd prefer to avoid.

Thanks, Clark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050673#4050673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050673