[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Newbie needs help with configuration

JReifsnyder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 10:02:30 EDT 2007

Thank you very much for your quick replies. I have kept the pointcut/joinpoint descriptions in jboss-aop.xml only and changed the word to "execution". I'm no longer getting any exceptions, but startup is hanging (or appears to be, I've given it several minutes to start when it normally takes about 1 min). I also cannot use ctrl-c to terminate the startup, since that seems to start shutdown but then just hangs as well.

I have only a single pointcut defined, but am applying it against a large jar file with many classes defined. Should I be trying to isolate the classes that I want instrumented into a separate jar file? We are hoping that we can use the instrumentation against out completed app without any rework...

Thanks again,
Jamie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050965#4050965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050965