[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: invoking an EJB over iiop

HibsMax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 12:03:18 EDT 2007

I added the classloader System.outs specified above and I get this output when trying to access the EJB:
11:46:07,954 INFO  [STDOUT] Object returned was loaded by: org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3 at 115875d{ url=null ,addedOrder=2}
  | 11:46:07,954 INFO  [STDOUT] MyHome class in the servlet was loaded by: WebappClassLoader
  |   delegate: false
  |   repositories:
  |     /WEB-INF/classes/
  | ----------> Parent Classloader:
  | java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader at 41254ec

I get this result when I perform the EJB lookup using this:
iiop://server1:3528/interop.InteropHome

when I was simply using iiop://interop.InteropHome I was getting a message like this:
11:26:12,021 WARN  [address] init_host, interop.InteropHome unresolvable

when I googled that message, minus the interop.InteropHome text, I found a link to some jacorb source code and found that for interop.InteropHome to appear in the warning message, the code thinks that I am specifying a URL and it's trying to determine the host addr.  That led me to believe that the lookup for the EJB required me to add server and host information.  I don't know if that's true but when I added it I got a different error.  This time I got a NullPointerException in my servlet but there is no line information telling me where the error is.  However, because of other debug statements in my code I can tell that it is the following statement:
Object bar = PortableRemoteObject.narrow( foo, InteropHome.class );

foo isn't null so I don't know why that exception is being thrown, it must be something deeper.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051018#4051018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051018