[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + Maven + Richfaces + softeu

awhitford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 12:45:19 EDT 2007

I would like to reiterate the value of Maven support.

I liken Maven to my TiVo.  It is one of those inventions that you don't really need, but when you start using it, you realize the benefits.

The main issue with using Maven is that the open-source dependencies are driven by a community.  If everyone used/supported Maven, my build and dependency management would be much easier.  The main stumbling block with Maven is typically when you try integrating projects that don't support Maven.  Simple jars (like JDBC drivers) are usually not a problem, but frameworks with lots of dependencies (and dependencies have dependencies, etc.) can be awkward.

The Maven user community has grown significantly over the past year, and it sounds like it will overtake Ant.

The JBoss Maven2 repository (http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/) is very helpful.  Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051030#4051030

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051030