[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: invoking an EJB over iiop

HibsMax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 16:07:20 EDT 2007

To answer your question, "where am I stuck at?", well, that varies as I try different things.  I seem to be able to startup both the front end and back end servers without any issues but when the front end servlet tries to lookup the EJB, I get the errors.  The errors change depending on what settings I am currently using.

It's a shame you haven't used IIOP before because what I think would really help me is a concrete example of a servlet communicating with an EJB over iiop.  I haven't been able to find one though.  I think if I had a working example I could figure out where I am going wrong.  I think that my problem lies with one or more of these:
1. my jndi.properties,
2. my jacorb.properties,
3. my InitialContext as defined in my servlet,
4. my EJB lookup in the servlet.

Everything I have read discusses how JBoss doesn't need stubs and skeletons making the deployment easier.  I agree that skipping a compilation step does make the process easier but I still think there needs to be something explaining the required configuration.

Peace, Anders

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051092#4051092

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051092