[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - War inside ear, where to place taglib jars?

oskar.carlstedt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 17:20:40 EDT 2007

Hi all!

I've been struggling a lot with a problem I didn't expect do face at all. What I try to do is to create a web application using Servlet 2.4, JSTL and Spring. This is OK in Tomcat. But creating an ear file and place all dependent jar in the ear instead of the war will make JBoss (read Tomcat) to crash and tell me that it cannot find the JSTL code in any jar. But all necessary jars are in the ear, the jboss-app.xml defines a new repository loader. It works because Spring finds and loads the spring beans xml file. Everyting seems to be alright, except when running JSPs containing taglib references. Tomcat says it cannot find implementing taglib.

The solution I found was to put all taglib jars in the war's WEB-INF/lib folder. But shall it be this way? What if I want to use Spring, JSTL etc. in other war/jar files. In such case, do I have to duplicate these jars?

I would be very glad if someone can help me find a solution where Tomcat can find all jars inside the ear, even those containing taglib implementations.

With kind regards
Oskar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051120#4051120

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051120