[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversations and IFrames

nakhnoukh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 4 19:36:27 EDT 2007

I am using a third party JSF component that doesn't work with Ajax4JSF rerendering.  Thus to achieve the user experience I'm looking for - only certain portions of the page updating on certain user actions - I've had to resort to separate JSPs in IFrames.  (The third party component doesn't work with Facelets either, thus the need for JSP)

How can I keep all the different frames in the same conversation?  I'm setting the contents of the frames via Javascript.  Something like: document.getElementById('topframe').src='top.jsp'

Whenever this happens the JSP is in a new conversation.  I've tried appending  "?conversationId=#{conversation.id}" to the url above, but that had no effect.

All the frames are referencing the same Seam Component, a SFSB.  When I navigate around my site, I occasionally get "No active conversation context".

Thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051139#4051139

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051139