[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Recommendation for layered architecture???

maku01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 05:19:46 EDT 2007

In my former jsf projects I used a classical layered architecture with spring (and hibernate) for implementing a completely stateless service layer.
e.g.
UI (JSF) --> Delegate --> Service Layer --> DAO Layer

With the help of Spring I was able to handle the transactions declaratively, handle exceptions and so on with the help of AOP.
I had a clear demarcation between UI and backend.

I structured this architecture in some distinct projects:
- generic backend func.
- app. specific backend func.
- generic ui func.
- app. specific ui func.
Maven2 does the magic when it comes to deployment.

Now I evaluate Seam an I see a very interesting UI framework on top of JSF which is able to help the developer in a great manner.
(and I would really like to move in this direction)

But, I'm a little bit confused about the coherence between the UI and the business logic.

What I have to achieve is to use the business logic in a non UI app e.g. for batch purposes (bill computations and so on)

I would need a recommendation for structuring my app so that the usage of the business logic is possible without pain.

Also I see little problems when developing with the seam ant approach because of the separation of the app in several projects.
(a Maven approach would be very helpful in this context)

Could anybody of you give me an advice or share the experience in context with the topics above.

TIA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051238#4051238

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051238