[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Recommendation for layered architecture???

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 07:14:22 EDT 2007

This question has been asked several times and my answer is always that nothing about Seam prevents you from structuring your code in the "traditional" layered manner.

For example, one possible architecture would be:

A "DAO" is a Seam EntityHome object, or even just a @Stateless session bean that injects a Seam-managed persistence context and performs persistence operations and returns entities.

A "Service" is a @Stateful or @Stateless session bean that injects the "DAOs" and does business logic.

A "Delegate" is a JavaBean component that injects "Services".

There are many possible variations upon this. I picked this schema because it is closest to something that is familiar in traditional J2EE development, but not because it is any way the "best" thing to use with Seam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051269#4051269

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051269