[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: required jars & config

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 10:37:13 EDT 2007

Questions:

1) hibernate-all.jar should have all the hibernate + JPA classes/annotations.  You'll also need the core Seam jars, jsf jars, facelets jars and any other seam dependencies.  Which of these are required depends on the features of seam you use.  When in doubt include everything in the lib directory unless you are sure you don't need it.

2) There are plenty examples of this in the seam examples and the docs has explanation of the relevant pieces you need in these files.

3) components.xml is the only required one.  pages.xml is only required if you use the seam navigation stuff or page actions.  All these files you go in the META-INF directory of your source tree.

Comments

1) I would suggest looking at the ant build scripts to see how the examples get built.  Or just run the ant build yourself with debugging on.

2) To be fair ejb3 is the standard and the examples cater to the masses.  Personally I use the same config as you (hibernate w/o EJB3) and facelets.  I would imagine newer examples will use facelets in preference to JSP as I think everyone hates JSP by now, or at least agrees facelets is much better.

HTH.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051386#4051386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051386