[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Stop enforcing parameter names?

bcowan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 11:20:05 EDT 2007

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote : The question is, whether the incomming message conforms to the abstract contract published by the endpoint. If the message is invalid with that respect it simply is invalid

At this point we're much more concerned about consistency.  Updating to a newer server version has invalidated several thousand clients because the server has changed the way it validates the messages.  Granted that those clients don't conform 100% to the published WSDL, but the tools at the time (including JBoss) ignored parameter names so it has never been an issue.  Since the WSDL specifies the type and order of the parameters, validation of the actual name wasn't (and perhaps isn't) required.

We just need the current version of the JBoss web service stack to handle messages in compatible manner with the prior version.  Judging by your response, it sounds like there is no such compatibility option.

Regards,
  Bruce

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051420#4051420

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051420