[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Trouble Using <s:convertEntity/> on Glassfish

soluble do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 20:40:12 EDT 2007

Thanks for the clarification. Seam really does have some neat features!

I am trying to get to the root of my problem so have reverted to using the "jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA/examples/glassfish" example. I tried adding <core:entity-manager-factory name="dbFactory" persistence-unit-name="bookingDatabase"/> to the components.xml file expecting the example app to still work. However I got the following error:

  | javax.persistence.PersistenceException: java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:252)
  | 	at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:120)
  | 	at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:96)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.core.EntityManagerFactory.startup(EntityManagerFactory.java:74)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Does anyone know what config I should tweak to get the entity-manager-factory working on the glassfish example? I suspect it is a visibility problem with the persistence.xml file and associated entities. However, it is late and I would like to stop experimenting for the night. Maybe once that works, I can try thinking about <s:convertEntity/> again. ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051561#4051561

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051561