[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Request for comment: Whitespace and line-ending preservation

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 08:25:38 EDT 2007

I'm planning to JIRA this if no one has any counter-arguments.

The current Script implementation collapses script whitespace and eliminates line-endings in scripts - even when within a !CDATA.  I believe this is often bad and never good, apart from trivial optimization.

Line-ending preservation is necessary for use of // comments.

Whitespace and line-ending preservation are useful for script compiler error messages that call out a line and column position of the error.
These positions are meaningless if space has been collapsed and line-endings removed.

I happen to be experimenting with using other script languages (especially Groovy) for which line endings are meaningful.  You probably don't care about that, though!

The fix is easy: in Script.read(), replace both occurrences of getTextTrim() with getText().

Any thoughts?

-Ed Staub

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051689#4051689

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051689