[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - convertEntity with GF+Toplink

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 13:10:11 EDT 2007

Hey,

I'm trying to use <s:convertEntity/> Seam's tag under GF+Toplink but I get the following exception:

  | java.lang.ClassCastException: oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerImpl cannot be cast to org.hibernate.Session

Shouldn't it support Toplink's entityManager as well?

In persistence.xml I declare a PU as:

  | <persistence-unit name="pu1" transaction-type="JTA">
  | ...data source... etc etc...

In web.xml I have the PU resource reference as:

  | <persistence-unit-ref>
  |         <persistence-unit-ref-name>edm_acc_em</persistence-unit-ref-name>
  |         <persistence-unit-name>pu1</persistence-unit-name>
  |     </persistence-unit-ref>

In components.xml I declare the managed persistence conext as:

  | <core:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager" auto-create="true" persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:comp/env/edm_acc_em"/>

It kinda work well when I try to use s:selectItems with queries defined in 'framework:entity-query', but with the entityConverter it fails,

As always,
Many thanks,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051834#4051834