[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + Maven + Richfaces + softeu

maku01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 09:57:57 EDT 2007

Here is the solution for me working with the softeu maven tool:

e.g.

1) Generate a maven based project with:

mvn archetype:create  -DarchetypeArtifactId=softeu-archetype-seam -DremoteRepositories=http://maven.softeu.cz/ -DgroupId=at.test -DartifactId=testapp

This is equivalent to the seam generator (seam new-project)

After the generation process you are able to run the application e.g. with "mvn jetty:run".
When I pointed the browser to the app it seams first that the app runs fine.
But in my case I had the problem that richfaces tags are not resolved.

(The browser receives html code like   <rich:panel>  </rich:panel> and so on)

2)
The solution for the problem (at least for me) was to eliminate the following dependency from the pom.xml

<dependency>

  |             <groupId>jboss.seam.profiles</groupId>
  |
  |             <artifactId>seam-ajax4jsf</artifactId>
  |
  |             <version>${seam.version}</version>
  |
  |             <scope>compile</scope>
  |
  | </dependency>

and to add new dependencies (only existing in my local repository) like this:

<!--- START ajax4jsf locally installed -->

  |                         <dependency>
  |
  |                                    <groupId>richfaces</groupId>
  |
  |                                    <artifactId>richfaces</artifactId>
  |
  |                                    <version>3.0.1</version>
  |
  |                         </dependency>
  |

  |                         <dependency>
  |
  |                                    <groupId>ajax4jsf</groupId>
  |
  |                                    <artifactId>ajax4jsf</artifactId>
  |
  |                                    <version>1.1.1</version>
  |
  |                         </dependency>
  |

  |                         <dependency>
  |
  |                                    <groupId>opensymphony</groupId>
  |
  |                                    <artifactId>oscache</artifactId>
  |
  |                                    <version>2.3.2</version>
  |
  |                         </dependency>
  |
  | <!--- END ajax4jsf locally installed -->

(for me it worked only with the version richfaces 3.0.1 and ajax4jsf 1.1.1)

Hope this helps for anybody who has the same problem.

3)
Although, I'm NOT really happy with this solution. It is my strong believe that a maven based tool supported from JBoss would be a real huge benefit for the developer community.
>From my point of view maven is a really good tool.

Especially when you work in a larger enterprise and you have many projects and dependencies between them I can not easy handle the dependencies with a tool like ant.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052150#4052150

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052150