[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Get an MBean to start on JBoss startup

psyllogism do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 11:04:46 EDT 2007

I am using jboss4.0.4 installed with ejb3.

I would like to get an MBean's start() method to run as JBoss is starting up. Right now, the only way I know how to do this is to add the following to my %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml file:

<mbean code="com.example.ClassPreloadService" name="jboss.mx:service=ClassPreloadService" xmbean-dd="">
  |      <xmbean>
  |           <operation>
  |                <name>start</name>
  |           </operation>
  |      </xmbean>
  | </mbean>

Is there a way I can do this with annotations?

If not, I'm sure that editing %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml is not a good idea in the long run. What is the best practice for doing this?

Thanks for looking!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052194#4052194

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052194