[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Enable AOP while running jboss in eclipse IDE

limousyf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 11:15:45 EDT 2007

Hello,

I managed to get AOP running on jboss using the loadTimeWeaving, as explained in the "injboss" example.
The example runs fine when I launch the server directly, using the "run.bat" script but I'd like to use the AOP during development, with the jboss AS launched from eclipse.
Tell me if I'm wrong but, while in eclipse, the jboss server doesn't use the run.bat script (or overrides the JAVA_OPTS option maybe ...).
Well it doesn't seem to be using the "-javaagent:pluggable-instrumentor.jar" switch.

My question is: how to enable this pluggable-instrumentor.jar while running jboss AS from eclipse ?

I tried to put the line in the VM arguments field in jboss AS configuration screen in eclipse but the server wouldn't run anymore.
It just take ages to initialize (about 5 minutes) and finally stopped with a :

  | java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

A jconsole monitoring shows that a lot of memory is used during the process (but with this kind of error, we could have guessed this ;) )

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052201#4052201

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052201