[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - trouble with conversations

gothmog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 06:04:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

Im new to seam and liking what i see, however I'm having real trouble with conversations.

I set my class up to be in conversation scope (this class will feed the UI field info that I want to work with over several pages.)

@Name("cardFields")
@Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
public class CardFields implements Serializable {

And then set it to start a conversation in pages.xml
<page view-id="/addcard.xhtml" action="#{conversation.begin}">

This worked fine but I noticed that if I continually refreshed the addCard page then another conversation would get started (I could see this by using the debug page). When I thought about it this was expected as everytime a new page refresh happened seam would start another conversation because of the action in pages.xml.

I wanted more control, so I changed pages.xml to the following
<page view-id="/addcard.xhtml">
  <begin-conversation join="true" />
thinking that only 1 conversation would happen.
when i deployed this after restarting the server the same thing happend, on a refresh more conversations started happening even tho pages.xml explictly says join=true.

Surley this can't be right? just to be doubly sure, I tried it with join=false but the same thing happened.

Not convinced that I'd got it right I fired up the sample app called numberguess and sure enough the same thing was happening ?

Is this a bug or have I missed something ? BTW where is the docu for pages.xml for running in navigation rules and not page flow mode ?

Thanks

Troy

BTW running on OSX 10.4, java 5, jboss 4.05, seam, 1.2.1.GA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052485#4052485

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052485