[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Building parent and child in one page

mustaghattack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 11:51:25 EDT 2007

I would like to create a questionnaire and its questions in the same page.
The user will be able to add/remove/edit question to a new questionnaire and save/cancel the whole thing at the end.
I have problems for editing a question. Here is the use case :
-> New Questionnaire
  -> New Question (1)
  -> Save Question (1)
  -> Edit Question (1)
  -> Cancel changes on Question 1
-> Cancel Questionnaire (everything is rolled back)

I tried few things but I can't get both cancel phase working in a nice way.
Any ideas ??

This is what I tried :
* A questionnaire editor start a conversation on a newQuestionnaire request.
When the user add a question, I just add it to the questionnaire entity question collection.
Problem when editing I can't rollback the user changes (cause the question object is used and modified on update model JSF phase).
The only solution I see is cloning the editing question. But I don't like it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052657#4052657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052657