[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: My list of questions: Seam validation, transactions and

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 9 17:55:29 EDT 2007

"beligum" wrote : 0. If I inject (@In) my EntityManager in Seam, it holds an extended persistence context, right?

A persistence context scoped to (current) conversation will be injected. An extended persistence context is only scoped to the current SFSB whilst SMPC allows  *any* bean participating in the to have the same pc

anonymous wrote : 1. If I call merge() or not in the update() method, it doesn't make any difference, the changes are always written to the DB. Why is that?

Because your entites are managed.  Read up on this in the HEM manual, or a book on JPA.

[quote[4. Is this solution: http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/tutorial/extended_pc/extended.html the same as @Begin(flushMode=MANUAL)?

It's not the same, but has a similar outcome (you used to have to use it with Seam).  Manual flushmode is neater (much).

anonymous wrote : 5. Is it normal I can't use <s:convertEntity /> if I use @PersistenceContext instead of an injected (@In) entity manager?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052843#4052843

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4052843