[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Jboss Portal Install Problems

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 10:50:52 EDT 2007

The missing class file is in the server/default/lib/commons-httpclient.jar file. It should be picked up automatically.

I haven't tried running JBoss on a VPC, so I am not sure if that has any bearing on the problem, but I do recall all kinds of weird disk-related issues when I used VPC for another task. Could you try running on a regular XP box? Installing JBoss does not do anything to your registry - it just creates a directory on your hard drive. As long as the ports are free, it should run fine. When you want to uninstall it, just remove the install directory.

Oh, and for SQL Server, you might want to use the jTDS driver from http://jtds.sourceforge.net/. Some of my colleagues set up the portal to run with SQL Server and they used this driver.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053132#4053132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053132