[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: HELP: Initial state transfer failed: Channel.getState()

pcarpenter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 12:17:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

The dual fetchInMemoryState=true attributes were a posting mistake, which I corrected in a third post.  I am using  fetchInMemoryState=true and  "FetchPersistentState" = false. the result is the same. same Exception. when I set  fetchInMemoryState=false I get no Exceptions and everything seems to work, but then Jboss Cache does not suite my needs. from soem further trail and Error I found that the Excption has something to do with setting up the transactions's  boundaries.
I guess my question is this, I have been trying to use JbossCache 2 because Its changelog  entry.
[ JBCACHE-9 ] Streaming state transfer, for large states.
this has been a major problem for me when I have been using 1.4.X.
I'm sure I am doing something wrong, because with 1.4.1 (using TreeCache)
I was able to fetch memory state from one machine to another (I had some code which paused all machines (nodes) from doing any writes when a new
machine was in the process of joining (while fetching memory state).
It doesn't make any sense to me, that I can't do it with JbossCache 2.

thanks
Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053183#4053183

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053183