[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Question regarding overlapping wildcards in pages.xml

tnfink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 12 04:13:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

regarding overlapping wildcards in pages.xml the Seam reference manual says:
anonymous wrote :
  | If multiple wildcarded page actions match the current view-id, Seam will call all the actions, in order of least-specific to most-specific.

I would like to use this feature to reduce repetitions in the navigation rules. But it seems that it does not work. At least not in the way I thought it should do...

Here is a code fragment:

  | 	<page
  | 		view-id="/offer/create/*"
  | 		no-conversation-view-id="/home.xhtml"
  | 		action="loggerAction.ping('Offer-Create')">
  | 		<navigation>
  | 			<rule if-outcome="exit">
  | 				<redirect view-id="/home.xhtml" />
  | 			</rule>
  | 		</navigation>
  | 	</page>
  | 	<page
  | 		name="Angebotskopferstellung-1"
  | 		action="#{loggerAction.ping('head1')}"
  | 		no-conversation-view-id="/home.xhtml"
  | 		view-id="/offer/create/offerhead1.xhtml">
  | 		Anlegen eines Angebots
  | 		<navigation>
  | 			<rule if-outcome="next">
  | 				<redirect view-id="/offer/create/offerhead2.xhtml" />
  | 			</rule>
  | 		</navigation>
  | 	</page>

Because "/offer/create/*" and "/offer/create/offerhead1.xhtml" overlap both page-elements should be activated.

The good message is that it does work for the navigation rule. The surprising message is that it does not work for the "action"-configuration. I would expect that
both actions should be executed when I display

  |   /offer/create/offerhead1.xhtml

But I get only one message:

  | 09:53:05,949 DEBUG [LoggerActionBean] PING: head1

Is this a bug or a feature?

-- Torsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053376#4053376

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053376