[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem with immediate=

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 12 08:42:37 EDT 2007

"anescu" wrote : If I remove the anonymous wrote : immediate="true" part, then I find myself in another problem, the form validation is performed and the page is not sent to the server.

Placing immediate=true on a commandButton causes the action to be run during the APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES phase, resulting in the model update not occuring.

anonymous wrote : I also tried to use an anonymous wrote : s:link  instead, that would have sent me to the same page, but then I lost all the modifications I have already done.

s:link doesn't submit the form.

anonymous wrote : Is this a known problem with Seam? Or any other solution/workaround.

This is really a JSF issue.  Try also putting immediate=true on your checkbox, the model should then be updated (for that component only) during APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES.  A better solution is to use more than one form (one for your hide/show, another for the data entry), then you don't need to use the immediate hack on the JSF lifecycle.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053508#4053508

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053508