[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - durable subscriber setup

ssuyamboo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 12 11:13:31 EDT 2007

Hi
I am trying to establish publish-durable subscriber using jboss 4.0.3 SP1.
Though I was able to publish messages to topic , my subscriber couldn't read the messages from topic. Are there any preconfigurations to follow to setup durable subscriber?

I added the required topic to jbossmq-destinations-service.xml

As per the jboss documentation , I ran the following program before running publisher and subscriber.

public class DurableTopicSetup
{

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception
{
Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", "jnp://localhost:1099");
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming");
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext( props );

System.out.println("Begin DurableTopicSetup");
//InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext();
Object tmp = iniCtx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
TopicConnectionFactory tcf = (TopicConnectionFactory) tmp;
TopicConnection conn = tcf.createTopicConnection("john", "needle");
Topic topic = (Topic) iniCtx.lookup("topic/ecommOrder");
//Topic topic = (Topic) iniCtx.lookup("topic/testDurableTopic");
TopicSession session = conn.createTopicSession(false,
TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
TopicSubscriber recv = session.createDurableSubscriber(topic, "order topic");
conn.close();
System.out.println("End DurableTopicSetup");
System.exit(0);
}

}

Can anyone guide me with steps needed to establish durable subscriptions?

Thanks
Sundar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053613#4053613

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053613