[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - h:messages for Authenticator

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 12 18:19:12 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to display a customized error message should the authenticate method failed to authenticate a user. I.e.

@Name("authenticator")
  | public class Authenticator {
  |     @In
  |     private FacesMessages facesMessages;
  |     public boolean authenticate() {
  |         try {
  |         } catch (AuthenticationException e) {
  |                 facesMessages.add("#{res['login.failed.msg']}");
  |                 return false;
  |         }

However, this message is not showing when the authenticate method failed. The login.xml page is coded as followed:

<h:panelGrid rendered="#{! empty facesContext.maximumSeverity}">
  | 	<h:messages for="dialog" styleClass="message" />
  | </h:panelGrid>

Any idea?

Thanks for your help.
-tony