[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Nested conversation - passing selection to parent conversati

thatrichard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 08:06:35 EDT 2007

I have a long-running conversation in which the user fills out a form.  Some fields are filled by selecting existing objects from the database.  The selection is done via a nested conversation.

The nested conversation starts when the user clicks on a "select" link.  The associated method is tagged @Begin(nested=true).  The nested conversation ends when the user clicks on a link for the object to be selected.  The associated select method is tagged with @End.

The problem is that since a nested conversation only has readonly access to the parent conversation's context, there doesn't seem to be anyway to get the selection back to the parent conversation.

I suspect that I am trying to use nested conversations in a way that is not intended.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053913#4053913

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053913