[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Baffling NoClassDefFoundError Error

gzoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 08:24:52 EDT 2007

Ahh!

Found the solution indirectly on another post.  Here it is for future readers with the same problem:

You need to add a  tag in your application.xml referencing the jar.  This jar needs to be in your ear directory not WAR/lib.

I'm still baffled why this jar needs the special treatment and certain other jars can just be dropped into WAR/lib without issue.  Not one to question the wisdom of sages or what works--I just did it, but I am curious what constitutes the difference between some jars and others.

Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053923#4053923

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4053923