[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: invoking an EJB over iiop

HibsMax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 12:40:27 EDT 2007

Last post on the subject.  I have EJB invocation working over IIOP.  The key changes I had to make were:

1. add this to client code:
if ( System.getSecurityManager() == null )
  | {
  |     System.setSecurityManager(new RMISecurityManager());
  | }
this change enables RMI's to download EJB stubs from a remote server.

2. create a java.security.policy file and include it as a runtime system property:
grant {
  |     permission java.security.AllPermission;
  | };
this allows the client to download files (as well as everything else that AllPermission allows).

3. changed the PROVIDER_URL from iiop://server:3528 to jnp://server:1099.  I never found a link to what the PROVIDER_URL should be set for for IIOP so I was guessing.  The final guess, which was really a simple reversion, seems to have been the correct one.

Some / all of this may have been obvious to other people but, if not,  I hope this helps out others who have similar problems.

Peace, Anders

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054065#4054065

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054065