[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is it possible to have same Class name Different package

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 23:45:19 EDT 2007

"jazir1979" wrote :
  | Regardless of Seam, all EJBs in the same ejb-jar should have unique ejb names.
  |
  | Try annotating the SFSB classes with @EJB(name="beanX"), this may solve the problem.

BTW- there's a section on page 319 of Bill Burke's EJB3 book that explains how JBoss resolves ambiguous EJB-name references.  I imagine Seam is just doing a JNDI lookup and getting the wrong EJB back, hence the class cast exception.

Ideally, it would be a deployment time error, to do what you're doing here (maybe there even is a warning in your logs).  But as the book says, you could still have ambiguous name references across different ejb-jar's in the same EAR.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054180#4054180

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054180