[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: http://java.sun.com/jsf/html cannot be resolved

Hattifnat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 06:10:49 EDT 2007

Okaaaaay... After long debugging (the constant caching in the work/ directory was very misleading ;/) I found the reason of the error. The following part of web.xml was causing it:
  <servlet>
  |     <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
  |     <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
  |   	<init-param>
  |   	  <param-name>compilerTargetVM</param-name>
  |   	  <param-value>1.5</param-value>
  |   	</init-param>
  |   	<init-param>
  |   	  <param-name>compilerSourceVM</param-name>
  |   	  <param-value>1.5</param-value>
  |   	</init-param>
  |   </servlet>
I found at the Tomcat forum that such configuration would allow to run JSP pages with Java 5 style (I wanted to use generic collections...). It successfully worked on Tomcat, but here I see it causes problems. The solution for that was to put the two init-params in the main server/xxx/deploy/jboss-web.deployer/conf/web.xml under the JSP servlet configuration (line 253). Phew... I hope it helps somebody in the future...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054271#4054271

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054271