[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Message Driven Bean with TIBCO EMS - Wrong Connection factor

harleybl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 09:06:13 EDT 2007

In the past we have been using message driven beans with TIBCO EMS integrated directly into our JBoss installations. In order to facilitate this we provide an invoker-bindings tag in the jboss.xml of the ejb's jar like this

  | <invoker-bindings>
  |        <invoker>                    <invoker-proxy-binding-name>tib-message-driven-bean</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
  |         </invoker>
  | </invoker-bindings>

And have the tib-message-driven-bean invoker set up in our standardjboss.xml configuration file.

This all works well and good for EJB 2.1 style message driven beans.

On a new project we are trying to use EJB 3.0 and am having trouble using the message driven beans. When trying the following example:

  | @MessageDriven(
  |         activationConfig = {
  |         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination",
  |                 propertyValue = "ems/queue.sample"),
  |         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue") }
  | )
  | public class LoggingMDB implements MessageListener
  | {
  |     private Log mLogger = LogFactory.getLog( LoggingMDB.class );
  |     public void onMessage( Message message )
  |     {
  |         mLogger.info( message.toString() );
  |     }
  | }

The project builds fine but on deployment I get the following exception. It appears that JBoss is looking in the wrong connection factory. How does one specify the connection factory?

2007-06-14 08:46:39,639 WARN  [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation] Failure in jms activation org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivationSpec at c344b4(ra=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsResourceAdapter at 1501268 destination=ems/queue.sample isTopic=false tx=true durable=false reconnect=10 provider=java:/DefaultJMSProvider user=null maxMessages=1 minSession=1 maxSession=15 keepAlive=60000 useDLQ=true DLQHandler=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.GenericDLQHandler DLQJndiName=queue/DLQ DLQUser=null DLQMaxResent=5)
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsFederatedQueue
	at org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionConsumer.(SpyConnectionConsumer.java:107)
	at org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection.createConnectionConsumer(SpyConnection.java:128)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsServerSessionPool.setupConsumer(JmsServerSessionPool.java:262)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsServerSessionPool.start(JmsServerSessionPool.java:91)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.setupSessionPool(JmsActivation.java:536)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.setup(JmsActivation.java:309)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation$SetupActivation.run(JmsActivation.java:585)
	at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:204)
	at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:275)
	at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:743)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054343#4054343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054343