[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Use of JSR88 implementation (J2EE deployment api)

Boemm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 19:19:18 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I've tried to use the JSR88 implementation of jboss for deploying j2ee components, but i run in trouble while connecting to the jboss server ...

I don't know, which uri I have to use to get the a deployment manager, which is able to distribute and start some components.

I have used this piece of code:

JarFile deploymentJar = new JarFile(new File("lib/jboss-deployment.jar"));
  | java.util.jar.Manifest manifestFile = deploymentJar.getManifest();
  | Attributes attributes = manifestFile.getMainAttributes();
  | String key = "J2EE-DeploymentFactory-Implementation-Class";
  | String className = attributes.getValue(key);
  | // className is now org.jboss.deployment.spi.factories.DeploymentFactoryImpl
  |
  | Class deploymentFactory = Class.forName(className);
  | DeploymentFactory deploymentFactoryInstance = (DeploymentFactory) deploymentFactory.newInstance();
  |
  | DeploymentFactoryManager dfm = DeploymentFactoryManager.getInstance();
  | dfm.registerDeploymentFactory(deploymentFactoryInstance);
  |
  | String uri = "localhost:1099";
  | String username = null;
  | String password = null;
  | DeploymentManager dm = null;
  |
  | // all works fine up to this point
  | // but here I don't know, what uri I have to use to get the deployment manager ...
  | try {
  | 	dm = dfm.getDeploymentManager(uri, username, password);
  | } catch (DeploymentManagerCreationException e) {
  | 	e.printStackTrace();
  | }

Could somebody please tell me, what uri I have to use, to get my DeploymentManager from JBoss?

Thanks a lot!
Steffen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054576#4054576

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054576