[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: can username be UTF-8

goldfrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 15 11:38:58 EDT 2007

My Solution:
I am a chinese and I am writing a website for chinese. every page in my web site is of utf-8. I use form-based authentication and org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule to authenticate my users. When some of my users create their accounts with chinese characters in their login id, they can't login because DatabaseServerLoginModule can't get the correctly-encoded username. So I debug into jboss authentication module.  I tried to filter all request to use UTF-8 ,but I failed because authectiation request can't be filtered by the filters defined in /WEB-INF/web.xml. I find that the DatabaseServerLoginModule can't get the encoded username corretly only because the username can't be correctly fechted from request by org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator. So I need to configure org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator in order to get utf-8 encoded username.
i find the configuration here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html
I add a context.xml to /WEB-INF/ and deploy to my jboss server. Now the username can be fetched correctly now and my users can use chinese characters in their login id;
my context.xml:

my jboss is 4.20.GA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054811#4054811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054811