[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Why is jboss closing my connection?

teknokrat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 15 13:58:00 EDT 2007

I have written a JCA connection factory which works fine. I use it in a stateful session bean. On first use I always get

  | 2007-06-15 18:39:42,746 TRACE [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager] popped object: org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager$KeyConnectionAssociation at 5522e1
  | 2007-06-15 18:39:42,746 INFO  [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager] Closing a connection for you.  Please close them yourself: com.Connection at ec76fa
  | java.lang.Throwable: STACKTRACE
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager.registerConnection(CachedConnectionManager.java:290)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:417)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)

Now my question is why? I have not called close on the connection for a reason - I want the bean to reuse it. What is going on here? I return the connection to the pool when I am done with it but jboss appears to try to pre-empt this. How do I fix this?

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054851#4054851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054851