[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: excess UIL2 threads

oglueck do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 15 14:12:36 EDT 2007

Thanks for the information, Adrian. Much appreciated.

NIO: At the HttpClient project we have mixed experience with the latest NIO implementations under Linux. At least NIO in blocking mode it's worse than legacy IO. In non blocking mode however it is very good. Oleg has tested that extensively:
http://marc.info/?l=httpclient-commons-dev&m=112448628002581&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=httpclient-commons-dev&m=114328575030480&w=2

I was actually thinking of tweaking UIL2 to use NIO. But I thought I better ask here first if any work had been done on a similar thing already. I can imagine that the adventure with OIL2 failed: it's not an easy task. When I dare make a guess: does it deadlock? does a slow connection impact others?

Meanwhile we have been folding MDB code into less MDBs, as the UIL2 tweaking is errorprone and difficult. We are stuck with RedHat EL3 (kernel 2.4) at the moment, so many threads can really be a pain for the scheduler sometimes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054857#4054857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054857