[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 1.3.0.ALPHA entity converter: The instance was not asso

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 17 17:42:51 EDT 2007

Hello!

Seam 1.3.0.ALPHA gives me the following exception:

  | org.hibernate.TransientObjectException: The instance was not associated with this session
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.getIdentifier(SessionImpl.java:1375)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.persistence.HibernatePersistenceProvider.getId(HibernatePersistenceProvider.java:51)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.framework.EntityIdentifier.<init>(EntityIdentifier.java:15)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.ui.EntityConverterStore.put(EntityConverterStore.java:61)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.ui.EntityConverter.getAsString(EntityConverter.java:68)

I can only guess what happens:
For performance reasons I have a factory that outject the result of an entity query into the user's sessions, so the db is hit only once per session. Everthing work well the first time, but the second time I hit that page - in a completly new conversation - the entities in that cached list are not associated with the current entitymanager anymore and the mentioned exception is thrown.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here but this used to work in Seam 1.2.1.GA.

Regards

Felix

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055051#4055051

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055051