[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Question: Can static parameters be used in *.page.xml?

anescu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 07:58:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to use this code.

   <navigation from-action="#{abcHome.remove}">
  |        <end-conversation/>
  |        <redirect view-id="/AbcList.xhtml">
  |        		<param name="order" value="name asc"/>
  |        </redirect>
  |    </navigation>

But the framework throws an exception about the "value" in the param tag:
anonymous wrote : javax.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException: Invalid expression: 'name asc'. Parsed Expression of unexpected type java.lang.String

If I use this code instead it works fine (where listOrder is a bean in application scope):
<param name="order" value="#{listOrder.abcListOrder}"/>

But it seems so damn complicated, I need to define a Java component/attribute for each parameter I want to use in an XML file.

Is there possible to use a static parameter, like I want to? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Seam 1.2.1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055182#4055182

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055182