[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Question: Can static parameters be used in *.page.xml?

anescu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 08:11:31 EDT 2007

Yes, here it is:

It is a Seam generated application, with some modifications, so we have
AbcList & AbcEdit for some of the entities.

It was required that the AbcList be ordered when you open the page by the first column.

So I have 3 way to open AbcList:
1) From the menu (s:link)
2) From the AbcEdit screen, by clicking the "back" button (also s:link)
3) From the AbcEdit screen, by clicking the "delete" button (which is a h:commandButton), this returns to the AbcList by using a navigation rule defined in AbcEdit.page.xml

In cases 1) & 2) I can add this:
<f:param name="order" value="name asc"/>
And it works fine.
For 3) I tried to use the same but it is ignored. Then I placed the parameter in the AbcEdit.page.xml as in the first post, with the static value and it doesn't work. So I defined a Java bean with an attribute to keep the defeult order and now it works. But, as I said, it is so damn complicated to do.

Since there is no alternative I'll guess we'll stick with this solution.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055188#4055188

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055188