[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JNDI Problem ?

ChristopheA do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 15:14:58 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply...

I quickly had a look at the spec, where I found :

anonymous wrote : The name annotation element defaults to the unqualified name of the bean class. The name?whether explicitly specified or defaulted?must be unique within the ejb-jar.

Plus, I actually had an error (i haven't noticed it) thrown by the EJB container at the beginning of the deployement, stating :

jboss.j2ee:ear=Global_EAR_Project.ear,jar=EJB3_Action_Test.jar,name=SearchAction,service=EJB3 + is already registered

So it's very consistent with what you said.

Adding @Stateful(name="test/example1/search") and @Stateful(name="test/example2/search") where required, solved the problem.

Thanks for having made things clearer to me.

Now, just one more question I'd like to have your opinion on...

For large application developpement with Seam, you finally end up with beans that look like :

package com.my.package;

  | @Stateful(name="com/my/package")
  | @Name("com.my.package.MyBean")
  | public class MyBeanAction implements MyBean

Don't you think there is too much redundancy ?

(Seam turned me into a loafer)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055363#4055363

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055363