[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JNDI Problem ?

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 15:20:06 EDT 2007

Yes, its definitely too redundant. Web Beans will default component names, and we may well decide to default to a qualified name (though thats by no means certain). Unfortunately we're stuck with the EJB name default.

But notice that EJB names are only unique in the ejb-jar. So for a truly large app you would usually package things into multiple ejb-jars.

Seam/Web Beans names are different, they need to be unique in the whole ear, and so I think there's an even stronger argument for defaulting to a qualified name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055367#4055367

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055367