[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Hibernate and regular JSF validation and EntityHome prob

hstang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 16:24:02 EDT 2007

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : The reason for (2) is that s:validateAll ONLY adds a (Hibernate) validator if you didn't specify any validators yourself. Since you have your own JSF validator, you need to specify <s:validate/> in addition to the JSF validator.

Thanks--that solves (2). But this case isn't documented, and would certainly cause confusion for those who encounter similar troubles down the road by trying to mix s:validateAll and regular-JSF validators, which isn't that uncommon.  The Seam validation reference documentation may need a slight enhancement:

  | However, it is not much less verbose than what we started with, so let's try <s:validateAll>..
  | /* example with s:validateAll here */
  | This tag simply adds an <s:validate>  to every input in the form. For a large form, it can save a lot of typing!

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote :
  | As for (1), I thought you just reported in JIRA that this problem was solved for you.
I reported this on JIRA this morning on my home PC, but prior to posting this thread I had tested (1) at work literally 15-20 times (with the most up-to-date Seam-CVS) just to make sure I'm not imagining things.  The problem still exists on my end.  My earlier report that it was fixed was erroneous, and I apologize if I had responded too quickly.  I think I lost some credibility here, so maybe I need someone to vouch for me on this issue when they encounter it.  =)

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Oh and shouldn't your EntityHome be conversation scoped?

EntityHome is, by default, conversation-scoped right?  I am assuming my declaration in components.xml as [fwk:entity-home name="personHome" entity-class="Person"] wouldn't change the default scope.  Anyhow, I doubled-check and ensured that when the long-running conversation started, the EntityHome was joining that conversation properly (as per debug.seam)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055386#4055386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055386