[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - javax.naming.CommunicationException

adoorsarath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 05:12:28 EDT 2007

sir,

  I  got  the   javax.naming.CommunicationException  when I

started writing my first JMS program.

The code snippet is given below

properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://192.168.17.101:1099");
InitialContext jndiContext = new InitialContext(properties);
TopicConnectionFactory conFactory =
    (TopicConnectionFactory)jndiContext.lookup("TopicConnectionFactory");

Error is there in JNDI lookup operation

Error Message

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed ou
t [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:12
80)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1360)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:575)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:568)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at Client.main(Client.java:27)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Native Method)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:711)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:12
50)
        ... 5 more

 would you please help me in correcting this error.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055932#4055932

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055932