[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss on Linux HELLPPPPPP!!!

sheila lety do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 08:49:40 EDT 2007

Hi Sandor!

I'm ne will try to explain but

I need to configure te source of JBoss server on Redhat Enterprise Edition. So i configure JDK-1.5.0_05 on /usr/local/java and setup the following environment variables in to a script on vi /etc/profile.d

JAVA_HOME="/usr/local/java"
JRE_HOME="/usr/local/java/jre"
CLASSPATH="$JAVA_HOME:$JAVA_HOME/lib:$JRE_HOME/lib:."
MANPATH="$MANPATH:$JAVA_HOME/man"
JAVA_DOC="$JAVA_HOME/docs"
PATH="$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$JRE_HOME/bin"
export JAVA_HOME JRE_HOME CLASSPATH MANPATH JAVA_DOC PATH

we create a short program to test them and it work.

After that we try to install jboss-4.0.3-src, we unzip the file on /usr/local/jboss then we where searching for a way to configure but we didint find the file to do it, we found build, install and conf so we dont now which one of then was the rigth one. Then we try the build #sh build.sh, but after a few minutes it give an error.

If you have already install jboss on linux which version  you recommends and where are the steps to do it, we can use any version of jboss but it has the be the source.

Can you help us its very urgent!

Thanks for your time

Regards

Sheila