[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: User Navigation Design Pattern

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 12:10:55 EDT 2007

I started to have another look at the Issues example application that comes with Seam since it has a lot of nested conversations as you drill down from project to issue etc.. kind of similar to what I'm looking for.

Looks like it has problems also. If you change the project name, click done (no update) it refreshes the project and reverts back to its original name. However, if you change the project name, and then edit an issue, and save the issue, when you go back to the project page and click done, it does not roll back the change even though you never saved the project change.

The same also applies if you repeat the process with the Issue and a comment. You can't save the comment without forcing updates to the Issue.

However, it does not use the manual flushmode, so that would explain why the objects are updated when they shouldn't be, so I guess this is just a bug in the issues application. It would be interesting to see how the Issues app would get around the problem of drilling down without forcing everything in the parent conversations to be saved.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056104#4056104

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056104