[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - problem with jboss 4.2 and log4j

meissa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 09:01:30 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm facing to a problem withe jboss 4.2 and log4j.
My application works correctly with jboss 4.3 sp1. But when I deploy it to jboss 4.2, The server complain againts log4j.
It seems to me that there is a classloading problem.
Here is the stack trace:
anonymous wrote :
  | log4j:ERROR A "org.jboss.logging.appender.FileAppender" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
  | log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by
  | log4j:ERROR [WebappClassLoader
  |   delegate: false
  |   repositories:
  |     /WEB-INF/classes/
  | ----------> Parent Classloader:
  | java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader at 11da1f8

If someone can help.
thank in advance.
Meissa

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056466#4056466